Early Childhood /
What is Early Childhood Consultation Services?
IWG provides an on-site consultative model for Early Childhood centers, that includes:
- Holistic program evaluation
- Capacity building for centers
- Training and professional development for teachers, paraprofessionals and family support staff
- Technical Assistance
- Classroom assessments and evaluations
- Family-centered resources
Our approach to Early Childhood Consultation:
- Systemic approach
- Programmatic focused
- Collaborative relationship building
- Child and family centered
- Indirect interventions
- Culturally sensitive modalities
How do the Early Childhood Specialists function in your center?
- Observe children in the classroom, home, (or wherever appropriate);
- Create recommendations for parents and staff,
- Provide feedback and coaching of suggested strategies, and
- Refer as needed to services and additional support
Our Early Childhood assessments:
The team also utilizes the CLASS® scoring tool to perform classroom-wide assessments, delivering written and verbal feedback to strengthen teacher/child interactions and improve the social-emotional climate of the classroom.